How can Sports/Remedial Massage Benefit You?
• Increases circulation and help in the removal of metabolic waste from tissues
• Relieves tension in tight muscles
• Aids lymphatic flow.
• Help to prevent injury and help in recovery post injury
• Help to Improve performance/recovery and training
• Improve self-awareness by monitoring your own condition.
• Increase muscle elasticity and joint mobility.
• Improve relaxation and stress relief.
• Reduce muscle cramps/spasms
• Relief from general aches & pains
Who can benefit?
Sport & Remedial Massage Therapy can be adapted to treat anyone.
To benefit from a sports massage you do not need to be a sports performer. At Sports Massage North East we work with a great range of clients from busy executives, mothers of three, manual labourers, to the retiree who wants to dig the garden. The benefits above can help relieve many day to day problems that everyone experiences. In today’s society many of us lead busy, stressful lifestyles. Whether you sit at a desk all day, or you’re a full time parent carrying children around all day, these factors can lead to muscle tension, poor posture and muscle imbalances.
Without relief, muscle tension can increase over time and result in stressed joints and tendons, and pain within the muscular tissue itself. Regular massage can help reduce the risk of injury in those with active lifestyles, such as athletes or regular participants in sports. Sports Massage should be an essential part of any athletes training programme to aid recovery, improve performance, help prevent injury and prolong your sporting career.